MinnesotaCare is a health insurance program for Minnesotans with lower incomes who cannot get affordable insurance through their employer and do not qualify for Medical Assistance. For more information on Minnesota Care click here.
Applying online using the MnSure website is the recommended way for applying for a Minnesota Health Care Program (Medical Assistance, MinnesotaCare and Advanced Premium Tax Credits).
Assistance in applying for health care programs is available through the navigator/in-person assister program. Please contact an Assistance Agency listed above to get help filling out the application.
What you may need to apply (verification documents):
- Proof of U.S. citizenship such as passport or birth certificate
- Proof of identity such as a driver’s license, school identification or Minnesota identification card
- Proof of acceptable immigration status such as a visa, passport or green card
For everyone in the household:
- Proof of income for the past 30 days such as pay stubs or employer statement
- Proof of income from other sources other than work (unemployment, pensions, annuities, dividends or other taxable interest, Social Security, disability payments, worker’s compensation, alimony, and/or rent or royalties.)