Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTCs)
Advanced Premium Tax Credits (APTCs) provide financial assistance to those who are eligible to enable them to purchase insurance through the private non-group market. For more information on APTCs click here.
Eligibility for Minnesota Health Care Programs is now determined by MnSure. For more information on APTCs and MnSure, click here.
Assistance in applying for health care programs is available. Please contact an Assistance Agency listed above to get help filling out the application.
What you may need to apply (verification documents):
If you use MnSure's website to apply online, your personal information will most likely be electronically verified so you won't have to provide any documentation. You may need to provide the following for those household members who are applying to the program:
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or acceptable immigration status such as passport or birth certificate.
- Proof of identity such as a driver’s license, school identification or Minnesota identification card.
- Proof of acceptable immigration status such as a visa, passport, or green card
For everyone in the household:
- Proof of income for the past 30 days such as pay stubs or employer statement.
- Proof of income from other sources other than work (SSI, worker’s compensation, alimony, child support, etc.)
Do not send original documents. Make a copy of all proofs that you are including with your application.